YES....another very exciting day....a whole round of new people at my Stampers Ink classes today. I'm repeating the same classes I did on Thursday & Friday for this group ....so..we're waxing again and doing great UTEE projects.
I encourage everyone to take their time and relax...we don't watch a clock or rush !
The Beeswax Transfer technique is always a winner...
and, It's simple..
We worked on STAMPBORD.....a clay coated surface that is fabulous for beeswax.
1. Brush on a layer of melted beeswax
2. Use heat gun to go over the waxed surface only until wax becomes shiny. Don't overheat.
3. Repeat those steps a total of 3 times....wax, fuse, wax, fuse...etc.
4. On the last warm layer of wax place your toner copy (not ink jet) face down.
5. Lay a piece of waxed paper over copy and burnish it well so it really makes contact with the wax.
6. Remove waxed paper and apply small amounts of water to the backside of the copy.
7. Use fingers to remove the paper backing until image shows. Remove as much paper as you can.
8. Use a heat gun over the image. This will remove any additional "paper fuzzies". They become absorbed into the wax.
Here are samples I made in class as a demo.
I added embellishments...of course !
and....I often rubber stamp directly on the waxed surface.
and, I showed a napkin applied to a waxed frame that I started in class on Thursday...
but I finished it in todays class....I love it ! It looks like a watercolor.
The "pinkish" color comes from adding Magenta "To Dye For" to melted beeswax, brushing it on the surface, brushing on some Perfect Pearls and heating it with a heat gun to soften the effect.
and, here are some UTEE pieces the students did today.
1. Place a cookie cutter over a photocopy. Make sure the inside of the cookie cutter has been treated with some type of lubricant, like Clear Embossing Ink.
2. Throw in a few beads
3. Pour UTEE into cutter
and this is also simple....
1. Place a photocopy into a Memory Frame (no glass involved)
2. Add To Dye For to melted clear UTEE
3. Pour into frame
4. Looks like colored glass
STOP only to EAT !
More tomorrow !!!!!